Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Words for Dad



While spending some time in blogland this evening, I found a wonderful post that I wanted to share. The original post is at www.abitofhappy.com from June 21, and I want to thank Christy for finding it at Indianchild.com:


God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,

He called it ... Dad
-Author Unknown


It's a beautiful poem and I thought it would be a great idea to frame it and present it to your dad as a thank you gift. A calligrapher could do it in beautiful writing to make it even more special. Or you could have it printed and add artwork to it (contact me at stephanie@starrynightdesignstudio.com and we can certainly do this). Perhaps you could just read it at your wedding, or you might even be able to have a band put it to music and you could dance to it with your father at the reception.
Any way that you like best, I think it is a wonderful tribute to your dad.

1 comment:

  1. Every girl should have a dad that she feels that way about! I did- and 9 years since his passing I still miss him every day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails